What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, September 9, 2016

Ghosted

Does your neighborhood have that tradition of "ghosting" people?  Putting a ghost on someone's front door with treats?  I have a friend whose neighborhood did that.  I think it is cool!  Probably because I do love fall and Halloween!  We moved to an apartment and so I think I am going to do that this year!

That has nothing to do with Ghost.

Ghost was an incredible book!  If I didn't want Towers Falling to with the Newbery so badly, this would be my choice.  This most certainly has to be an Honor Book.  And if Towers Falling isn't going to win, which will go down as a 1954 moment if there ever was one, by the way...especially if one of those Fox Books wins, then I would hope that Ghost would take the big prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment