What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

HGS

I have been a fan of Holly Goldberg Sloan since Counting By 7s.  I really loved To Night Owl from DogfishMeg Wolitzer is an author of primarily adult books, but this book proves she can write for any audience.  One of the many things that I loved about this book is that it contains a love story (more than one, really) and it just happens to be two men.  But it's not a big deal that they have the same body parts.  I have a dream that all books will deal with this "issue" in this way someday because they will be reflecting reality.  Where society is like God, not caring WHOM we love, just THAT we love.  Great book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment