What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Do You Remember

when the United States had a real president?  The United States used to have presidents.  Since the first one, George Washington.  The last US President was President Obama.  Those were the days!  Now we have this.  Actually, we probably would be better off with President Camacho.  At least he is a president.  Now we have a dictator, a despot. 
Becoming is written by the last First Lady.  This is not a comment on the dictator's wife, it's just that he is not a president, so she can't be a First Lady! 
Becoming is an incredible book.  It is so full of hope.  I am not hopeful for the United States any more.  But this book at least makes me want to be hopeful again, someday, maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment