What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

A Big Box of


terrible.
That's all I can say about the first three Boxcar Children.  I am going to publish this post when I finish four of them.  Why four?
Well, they are so popular, even today.  So I feel like I have to give them a chance.  People I love and respect and even admire claim to love the books.  But man.
The Boxcar Children, the first one, written by Gertrude Chandler Warner is just well...sad.
And the second one, Surprise Island is offensive and boring.  And The Yellow House Mystery is offensive, boring and just ridiculous.  Two and three have all of the "Indian" stuff, some tribe that is never named, just "Indian" so that is a huge problem.
I just can't see how these books are still popular.  The language is so dated.
I do want to listen to a new one just to see if Benny is still so freaking annoying.
So I went on and read Mystery Ranch, which was actually two stars!  And so was Mike's Mystery was a two star one as well.  But I am done now!  And glad for it. 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment