What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, January 5, 2018

I Bet David Levithan Would Be Cheering Him On!

Reading The Art of Starving, I couldn't help but think of David Levithan.  How proud he must have been of Matt for the way he wanted so badly to thin!  If he were shipping characters he would probably be shouting, "Tell that to Julia who needs to lose a few pounds!"
Excellent book.  I loved so much about it that it has to be my number 2 pick, behind Dear Martin for the Printz Award
Funny and frightening and beautiful and painful and so real. 
I admit though that I wonder if I felt so much for this book because I myself struggle with food.  Those voices in Matt's ear were so familiar.  Especially the way he envied those around him who seemed able to eat without worry.  I loved this book.  If this is Mr. Miller's first novel, wow, I can't wait to read the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment