What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Serafinas

There are a couple of books about a gal named Serafina.  The one I read for work was Serafina and the Black Cloak.  It's the first in a series.  There's also a Dragon Born Serafina.  I didn't read any in that series.  And then there is this Serafina.  And I haven't read any of those.
For a few years now I have been told by friends, "Have you read Serafina? It is so good!  You have to read it!" and these friends are friends who read YA and Children's lit and so now I have no idea if they meant any of these Serafinas or another Serafina altogether. 
All I can say is, I really liked Serafina and the Black Cloak.  I loved the Vanderbilt stuff, I loved the animal stuff, I loved the whole temptation of the Black Cloak and the question that Serafina asked herself.  She was wondering if she was "good" or "bad" and did the "bad" people even know that they were doing bad things, did all "bad" people think they were doing "good."
Anyway, I will read the next one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment