What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Gwendy

Gwendy is a blend of a name, not a nickname from Gwendolyn.  The main character explains her name saying that her dad wanted Gwen and her mom wanted Wendy so she is Gwendy!  I like it!  Gwendy's Button Box was one I liked, too.  And in about 5 minutes I went from 3 to 4 to now thinking about changing my rating to a 5.  Because this was different and made me think.  And proves that Stephen King doesn't HAVE to use every word in the world to write a great, scary and thought-provoking story.  He wrote this with Richard Chizmar.  He is the creator and genius behind Cemetery Dance which is a publisher of horror novels and also the incredible Cemetery Dance magazine.  I should get a subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment