What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Wow

Bang is an incredibly excellent book.
It is just a wow book.
I think Barry Lyga is one of my most favorite authors.
I think this is Printz worthy.
I just really, really thought the whole thing was realistic and hopeful and sad and horrible and really, really real.  This and The Hate U Give are my picks so far for Printz, but I think this one edges out HUG.  Of course, that could be because I just finished this one, so I will have to see how I feel about both a little further on down the road.  But this one?  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment