What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Whaley World!

Highly Illogical Behavior by Printz winner John Corey Whaley is getting Printz buzz.  And I really enjoyed this book.  The problem is, in my opinion, his first two books, Where Things Come Back and Noggin were SO incredible that this one didn't wow me when compared to them.  It did wow me, but those other books were just so WOW that I wanted this one to wow me more!  That might be totally unfair!  Because this is a really good book.  The characters are so well crafted and the story moves quickly and it is very different.  This is more certainly worth reading and worth recommending.  I just think that Whaley is such an outstanding author, I expect everything he does to be WOW WOW WOW.  So I gave this one 4 of 5 stars, but if I could have it would have been 4.5!  Or maybe the other two books would have been 6 and this one would have been 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment