What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

YouTube Stars

YouTube Stars, YouTubers, a thing now.  And that kinda makes me sad because I remember reading here, waaaay back in the day that YouTube is a place where only the owners of YouTube make money, but it is people with talent who provide the content.  Now I know that there are ads and things have changed...gosh that book is ten years old now.  I need to see what he has said about life since then!  And some YouTubers go on to other pursuits by which they can make money for what they do, and I hope that has been the case for Jazz Jennings who wrote Being Jazz:  My Life as a (Transgender) Teen.  While Jennings may have gotten media attention first on YouTube she certainly has gone on to many other areas of media, like her own show on TLC. I can't say enough wonderful things about this book, or this young woman.  I am so glad that I finally listened to her book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment