What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Perks

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a book I had intended to read for a long time, but I guess I just thought it was too trendy or too cool or too something.  I was very wrong.  This is an incredibly sweet story.  I love this book.  While some have commented that Charlie, the main character, is too young to to really be 15, I don't think so.  There are some 15 year olds who are sweet and caring and sensitive. Charlie is one of them.  The story is told in letter form.  Charlie writes to someone we don't know or meet and writes from the heart, honestly.  And it is lovely.  What a wonderful book about growing up, the good and the bad.
Okay so I admit, I wrote this review when I was about 1 hour from the end of the audiobook.
Now that I finished it, what a joke. This is not the book I thought it was. The ending is just so not good. It is just so bad. Unbelievable and it ruined the book for me completely with its bizarre conclusion. I feel cheated and manipulated and foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment