What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Stranger than Fiction

My thoughts about Strange the Dreamer are very strange.   I tried to get into this book four times before I made it.  And there were times when I thought I would never finish it.  And I hated it, a lot.  But now that I have finished it, I find that I can't say I hated it.  I just think it was too long for me.  But it was very original.  And it was VERY quotable.  Especially for someone very much in love.  I don't think that I will read the second book.  But then again, maybe I will.  It has been a couple of days since I finished it now,  and I do find myself going back in my head to the world Laini Taylor created.  There is no doubt that she is a very talented writer.  This just isn't my usual book.  But yes, I can see why this would be wildly popular.   I don't know if it is Printz-worthy, but then again, it is hard for me to judge being that I am so very much not a fantay person.  Yet...because I did enjoy the book so much, while it being so counter what I usually like-- maybe that does make it more Printz-worthy?  That it pulled in readers with preferences so counter?
Again, super well written.

No comments:

Post a Comment