What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Still hard to sell this one...

When I say "sell" I mean convince folks to check out of the library.  Flock is the final book in the Stork trilogy by Wendy Delsol.  I love these books.  I loved this final book.  I love all of the characters.  But I just can't seem to find a good way to book-talk it.
"This book is awesome!  Full of magic and romance, too.  See there's this girl Kat, and she moves from LA to a little town in Minnesota and learns that she is a stork..."
"No thanks."
"What?  Wait it is awesome!  I mean she isn't a real bird, she doesn't turn into one.  I mean, she could but...anyway, she is part of a gang of storks who place the unborn souls with women."
"Um.  Weird."
But I just wish SOMEONE would let me sell this book to them, because I know they will love it.  I love Delsol's characters.  Kat is funny and smart and just charming.  Jack, her boyfriend, a descendant of Jack Frost, he is so, well, cool!
I am sad to see the series end.  But looking forward to anything written by Delsol.  Read these books!  Seriously!  You'll love them!
Also, this is my first in my Reading Road Trip Challenge!   Minnesota, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment