What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Last Days

The Last Days of Night was a really good.  It was quick and easy to read, not at all like I thought it would be.  I don't know what made me think this, but I thought it would be a "literary" read.  But man I just got right into it!
And the thing is, it is historical fiction, so I did learn a lot, too, because while I was reading it, I researched the "real stories" behind the events and people.  Plus, the author gives a good recap of what was real and what was fiction at the end of the book and also online.
I just found out that this is going to become a movie!
The only thing I guess that has me wondering is that in this book Westinghouse is not a good dude.  And from what I have read about him, in real life, he was a good dude.
Edison is a jerk in the book and from everything I have read about him, he was a jerk in real life. 
Telsa seems like a good dude in real life and in the book, too.
Graham Moore is a very easy to read author and this is one great book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment