What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

The BIG Read

In 2019, God willing, one of the libraries in which I work will be participating in The Big Read.  The book will be In the Time of Butterflies by Julia Alvarez.  She wrote Before We Were Free, which was a remarkable book.  I discovered Tia Lola Stories on a library audio app and listed to both books included in this one download:  How Tia Lola Came to (Visit) Stay and How Tia Lola Came Learned to Teach.  Realistic, funny (especially when Tia Lola is practicing her English by saying everything she knows at once) and touching.  Just great!  I wish that the other books in the series were available on audio!

No comments:

Post a Comment