What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Brother from Another Mother, Sister from Another Mister

Little and Lion are brother and sister.  And I love their love for one another.  That's the first thing that made me really like this book.  I love the love that their parents have for one another.  That's another thing I love about this book.  I love that love is defined as Christ would define it.  People can love people regardless of their color or ethnicity or body parts.  Additionally, I loved the way in which Lion's Bipolar Disorder was not WHO he was.  This was just really, really well done all the way around.  I think it is Printz worthy, for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment