What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

So Strange...

Before You Go is a really weird read.  I thought maybe it was one of those high interest/lower reading level books, maybe but it was wasn't.  It was really hard to finish because it wasn't very interesting or something.  It kinda read like a Magic Tree House book, just so all laid out there.  I read someplace that an author should show you emotions, not have have to spell them all out, like "Jude felt sad."  That's what this book did.  It was just very "whatever" about such a serious topic.  I think it actually was a driver's ed movie, encouraging kids not to drink and drive.  But the thing was...kids did drink and drive in the book, but the accident didn't happen when drinking kids were driving, so it was just...odd or something.  It's about Jude who works at Jones Beach one summer.  He is still understandably upset over the drowning death of his little sister years ago, and now he is starting to put his life together, when the accident happens and well, then the book kind of ends.  I can't really recommend this one, but it does meet the New York requirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment