What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood

for a love story.   This wasn't chick-lit, no.  It was more than that, deeper, better written and more interesting.  It WAS good.  It was just that it maybe was a little bit predictable?  But predictable books need to be written, too and this was very well written.  Maybe it hit a little too close to home for me?  Maybe that was it.  The Seven Torments of Amy and Craig has me wondering about the title.  Were there really seven torments for Amy?  It seemed like Craig was the one tormented!  But yes, I suppose I must be fair...Amy was tormented, too.  Just not in the same way.  I read the book because it was set in Janesville, where I have stayed twice!  And I ate a pretty good Mexican meal, there, too, back when I ate!  Don't worry, Mr. Levithan!  I don't eat Mexican food now!

No comments:

Post a Comment