What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Gifts

Gift of Magic is an old book, written the year I was born by Lois Duncan.  That link takes you to Lois Duncan's home page, but it hasn't been updated in a while.  Neither has her twitter feed.  That's because Duncan died in June.  She is in heaven now and I bet that if there was any need for her to communicate from heaven, Duncan would have done it, because the whole supernatural world was obviously of great interest to her.  I loved her books as a teen.  And I do enjoy reading them now.  This one was very good and creepy.  I think my most favorite is Summer of Fear.  I wonder if that is available to listen to, because I really would like to read it again.  This one only seemed dated in the name of the main character, Nancy.  But I have an Agnes in one of my storytimes, so I am thinking there is a chance Nancy will come back around some day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment