What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, July 21, 2017

I don't know...

The Pants Project was okay.  I am glad to have more books about transgendered young people.  I think that is really important.  And not being trans myself, I can't speak to how "real" this feels, but I hope it is.  Liv seems to have found wonderful, supportive friends and have a beautifully supportive family.  So that makes me very happy and I pray that is the experience for all people.  I would have given it 3.5 stars if I could.  It just didn't grab me as much as George did.  It's probably not fair to hold TPP up to this standard, but it is the same subject and I just think that Alex Gino wrote a really, really incredible book.

No comments:

Post a Comment