What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Third One, Still Fantastic

First came One Crazy Summer then P.S.:  Be Eleven and now Gone Crazy in Alabama and the third was just as "I want to read this all now!" as the first and the second.  Delphine and her sisters Fern and Vonetta are spending the summer in Alabama with their grandma, Big Ma and their great-grandma, Ma Charles.  This is so insightful.  There is a lot about sisters here,.  Delphine and hers and also Ma Charles and her sister.  There is a lot about racial identity and civil rights and there is a lot of love.  Wonderful, wonderful addition.  It was a Coretta Scott King winner, to me, it should have also been a Newbery Honor.  But that's 1954 for you.  Should be read by all ages, it's another one of those kind.  And it would be enjoyed by all ages as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment