What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Rags and Bones

When I was reading The Rag and Bone Shop by Cormier I kept thinking about the book Ragman:  and other Cries of Faith which I read 100 years ago.  One has nothing to do with the other.
I started wondering what a "rag and bone shop" was and found this.  Now I am curious as to how the title of this book fits.  And I see that the book got its title from this.  I  need to think about this more, because I haven't yet read the poem and maybe then I will figure it out. 
This was again another "no happy endings" kind of book.  But it was excellent.  Was Cormier a pessimist or a realist?  I guess it depends on what the one asking the question is.  Some days I might see him a pessimist  and some days as a realist.  I guess on really bad days he might be an optimist!  Ha!  Great book though.  Really great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment