What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Rain and Ethan

One of the many things I appreciated about Rules of Rain was Rain's explanation of her name and her brother's name.  Her father named Ethan.  Normal name.  And her mom named her, Rain.
Her mom was a hippie-type and her dad was Mr. Normal.  Well, my name is Ingrid Gaynell.  And my brother is Robert Paul.  And well.   That has always bugged me!  Not just that my name is so terrible, but that my brother's is so NORMAL!
The other thing I appreciated about this book was the brother-sister love and relationship.  And also the proof that no one is all good or all bad.  (thinking about the parents here)
This was a good book, not just about families who have members with exceptional abilities, but also about the pressures that we put on ourselves, how we define ourselves, that kind of thing.  I loved Ethan and Hope, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment