What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hilarious and Really, Really Good

I loved, loved, loved Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick.  LOVED it.  And now that I am reading again, I was so happy to find that he had put out It's All Your Fault.  It was not a disappointment.  I loved it as much as Gorgeous, and it was very different, though not without similarities.

The thing that I thought was neat about this book is that the book is told through the POV of a high school senior, Caitlin, who is homeschooled and tells us right off that she is a Christian and in her description of her family she comes across a lot like a Duggar, before the sex scandal, but the book doesn't make fun of her faith, even though it does.  

What does all of that mean?

It means that as a Christian, I was not offended at all by this book and I can't imagine even the most conservative, homeschooling  Christian parents being offended by it other than the language.  There are many, many f-bombs.

Caitlin's cousin, Heller is a Miley Cyrus-type star and it is Caitlin's job to keep her out of trouble so there isn't any backlash against the biggest movie of her career.  A Twilightish-Hunger-Gamish-housewife-writes-bestselling-triolgy-that-drives-the-world-crazy movie.

Great, great fun.
I loved it.
And honestly, I thought it was good PR for Christians!  Just keep in mind a lot of f-bombs!


No comments:

Post a Comment