What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Powerful and Haunting

Men We Reaped is a must-read.  Not just for those who have read Ward’s fiction (but it is for sure because it gives great insight into it, I think) but for everyone.  Yes it’s hard and convicting but I think that it’s necessary.  It makes me admire her even more, which I didn’t think was possible.  She is truly an amazing writer and woman. 
My heart is ripped apart and I think of Rachel weeping for her children.  And I wonder when white society will ever stand up and take responsibility and work to make reparations and amends.

No comments:

Post a Comment