What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Potential Series?

I love a good stand-alone book.  And sometimes a book should just be you know, a book!  But The Mesmerist seems to me like it would be a good series! Ronald L. Smith wrote Hoodoo which I have not read, but I want to read it now, especially after reading this.  I was attracted to it because of the whole spiritualist thing, which I have found fascinating.  It makes me sad that people don't know that when their loved ones die they are in perfect peace with God (Jesus is my path and He said He has sheep that belong to other flocks and so I KNOW this is true!  EVERYONE! Christian Universalist  that I am!) and so I can see that people would want to find answers and assurance.   This book takes place in Victorian England and so it was neat to find out more about the time period and spiritualism.

No comments:

Post a Comment