What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, November 4, 2018

As the MId-Term

elections loom, even though I know greed will win and there is no hope, so I should already be resignedly miserable, I am still anxious. I guess I am anxious because I know many people who are still hopeful.  I find this hard to imagine.  I am hopeful about many things.  I am certain about Ever Lasting Life.  I am certain about God's Love.  And that is much more important than good results on any election day!  I just don't have any hope for our country.  Because greed seems to win on this side of the Jordan.  So be it. 
Still this is an anxious time and I don't look forward to seeing the crestfallen faces of my dear friends on Wednesday morning.  Anne Lamott's Almost Everything:  Notes of Hope was a wonderful read for this time of ennui. 
I have been encouraged to read her before but foolishly never have.  I am so glad I did.  To get an idea of the magic in this book and the hope, I suggest this article.
For mother, others, those who worry about food and weight or getting older or death.  This book is just a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment