What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Great book set in Montana, no less! (tiny spoiler)

As the Reading Road Trip rolls into Montana, I loved Cryer's Cross.  The audio wasn't so great, I just couldn't get into the narrator's pace, but the story came through and here was a good, solid, ya horror story with real characters.
Kendall is a senior in a small Montana town and it is pretty good life, even though she deals with OCD.  She's got a good mom and dad, a best friend in Nico and all is pretty decent.  Then a girl from their very small school goes missing and is not found.  When I saw small I am talking 24 kids in high school.  That is small.  There's only 200 odd folks in town, too.
Two new kids have moved into town and Kendall is drawn to the dude.  Then another student disappears and well, it is really terrible and tied to something really dark in the town's past.  Great horror story.  I also liked that the Kendall didn't automatically get into her dream college.  The book was just very real, even though, you know, it had ghosties!

No comments:

Post a Comment