What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, July 4, 2020

My Eating

Eating has always been hard for me.  Most often I have eaten too much.  That is why David Levithan makes me so sad.  Sometimes I have eaten too little, and with the help of therapy, I am trying to get a hold on that problem.  
About 18 months ago I started a new part-time job.  I loved it, but it was a very stressful job for me.  I gained 30 pounds.  But the thing is, I am SUPER obsessive about weighing and measuring my food, counting my ounces of water, tracking my running and exercise and counting my steps.  
I hadn't made any changes in that time.  I have it all tracked.  
For whatever reason, I gained 30 lbs.  Three weeks ago I left my part-time job.  It was hard to do, but new demands at my full-time (I love that, too!  I am SO BLESSED work-wise and always have been and I am SO grateful) I knew I had to quit.
Well, in three weeks I have lost 14.5 of those extra pounds.  I can't explain it.  I haven't done anything differently, except leave my part-time job.
I did read The Mayo Clinic Diet:  Eat well.  Enjoy life.  Lose weight.  And I really think it is excellent.  But I haven't applied it.  But it is good to know that if I don't continue to lose weight, to get back to my pre-new-part-time-job weight, I can try this!  

And then maybe David Levithan will find me acceptable!  
I have 10 more pounds to go to get back to the weight I was when the photo on the right was taken.  I am trying, Mr. Levithan!

No comments:

Post a Comment