What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

When I was twelve years old, my daddy took me to the circus

Peggy Lee sang about a circus in Is That All There Is.  What a song.  What a song.  Secrets of the Circus is the fifth installment of The Three Ring Rascals series by Kate and M. Sarah Klise.  I do hope these sisters will keep writing together.  I am hopeful for another series, and that they will keep this one up for a few more, as it is still as fresh and fun as the first.
There is a part in here that I loved:  "Your secret strength is what you were born to do,"  said Sir Sidney.  "You'll know you've found it when you're doing something that makes the world a better place."  It reminds me of the "find what makes you fly" part in Half a World Away.  It also makes me wish that I could find my secret strength!  Although I REALLY do make a great left-hand turn.  And I have been told that is hard to do in Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment