What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Then Again, Maybe I Didn't

book cover after the movie 
read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the maybe-first-maybe-second book in C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia series when I was a kid.  I remember the book cover.  My dear friend and I have decided to read a book together, well not together, but at the same time and then when we finish, we will talk about it.  There is an article about how read LLAW as a child and as an adult.  I have not gotten through the article!  Isn't that terrible?  But I have finished LLAW for the second or maybe first time.  I do remember seeing the movie.  But I can't seem to find the right movie that I saw.  Wait!  This is it!
I did enjoy this book, mostly because I didn't know if I was going to, so much.  I had "meh" expectations because everyone has said such amazing things about it.
I also, for some reason, thought that it would be super-long.  And hard to understand.  The only part that was hard to understand was the dialog at the end, when the two Sons of Adam and the two Daughters of Eve start using very proper and kingly and queenly words to communicate!
But the book moved quickly, and I didn't find myself so angry with Edmund as I did when I was a kid, watching the movie.  I wonder if that is just one difference between LLAW as a child and LLAW as an adult.
While as a kid, watching that movie, I couldn't BELIEVE what a jerk and scum and heartless, greedy dirtbag Edmund was, as an adult, I thought...Edmund is no so different from me.
And Aslan.  Well...he was more magnificant and his sacrific even more profound as an adult.
Yeah...
Yeah...
Praise God.
book cover I remember

No comments:

Post a Comment