What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Swimming

I have a dear friend who has a dear daughter who is a competitive swimmer.  She is quite good!  She was headed to states this year before the pandemic hit and that is a real shame.  I wonder how swimmers have been practicing, if they have been able to practice?  Breath Like Water is set in the world of competitive swimming.  Anna Jarzab is a great author and I would have read it even if I wasn't already curious about swimming.  She deals with mental health issues in such a real and honest way.  I loved Harry and Susannah so much.  Great, great book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment