What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Secret Series

The Unquiet Past is a book in the Secrets series, but I didn't know that until I went to write this post.  I am super excited because I really enjoyed The Unquiet Past!  It is set in 1964, though it seems like it could have been set at any time, really, and so if you are thinking, "I hate books set in the past,"  the past doesn't really make must of a difference here.
Well, not the past as in the settting, but the past is a big part of The Quiet Past.
Tess great up in an orphanage and has always wondered about her mother.  When the orphanage burns down a bit before she turns 18, she and the other girls who are almost 18 are set free.  Each are given any information that the orphanage has about their birth families.  The whole series is about each girl finding her own history.
Tess' journey takes her into the world of immoral medical practices and mental illness.  Good, good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment