What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, March 23, 2018

The Kennedys

My mom calls herself a "Kennedy Girl."  I think that means a fangirl of the Kennedys in today's language, or at least the language of 5 years ago.  Jackie, Janet & Lee: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Janet Auchincloss, and Lee Radziwill -- The Other Side of Camelot by Randy Taraborrelli was very, very interesting.  I heard him on this podcast.  It was by happy accident, as I was listening to the one on An American Marriage but I was on the elliptical machine and didn't change it and he followed Tayari Jones and so I knew I had to read JJ and L.  I am so glad I did.  I have always been fascinated by the fascination many people have with the Kennedys.  And after reading my first book about them, well, I guess about "The Other Side of Camelot," Jackie's side, I can see why.  Fascinating.  While I know that Page 6 isn't the most reliable source of information, I can totally see why Lee Radziwill would not be pleased with this book!  I really recommend it though.  I think it would be great for Kennedy Girls and Boys and those who aren't Kennedy Girls or Boys and those who aren't--yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment