What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, April 9, 2016

God is....

in everything, right?  I mean, in my opinion.  And God isn't in a lotta mainstream books and Exit, Pursued by a Bear doesn't have a preacher's message and wouldn't be written up as Christian YA Fiction, but man, it is real life, real faith in life.  With a pastor with a heart, who only appears for about one page's worth of material.  I would love to see what other Christians think of this book.  And also non-Christians, as to see if they felt it was real?  Or has the political right clouded non-Christians' view of the church?  I can't blame anyone for thinking that Christians are judging, merciless people who fail to know the message of Christ.  The right (I don't cap that because they are so Wrong) is loud and obnoxious and very often, not non-Christian, but anti-Christian as their opinions are in opposition to the actual life and words of Jesus.
This is a deep story and a real story and the characters are so real and it just, wow.  Yes, this one is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment