What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Just not for me...

Because music is not really my life I didn't enjoy Heart of Junk as much as someone who really loves music might.  I know that seems weird.  Because the book really isn't about music.  But there is just too much of it for me.  The longing that the two characters have for their good old music days, the obsession with collecting the various rare recording, it just really bored me and so I didn't connect with them.  And the other characters I didn't like at all so it was hard to really get into it.  Even though I really wanted to like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment