What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Colors

was a fantastic movieThe Astonishing Color of After?  Well, it just didn't work for me.  I think it was the writing style, maybe?  Just too descriptive and flowery for my personal taste.  I guess I also didn't get all of the drama there was about Leigh not getting to know her grandparents.  A lot of people don't get to know their grandparents, for a lot of different reasons.  But this seemed to be SUCH a huge point of contention.  Not to say it shouldn't be a point of contention-- everyone would love to have a close family.  Yes, that is ideal.  But for it to be SUCH a big deal...well...
I did appreciate the mention of the good uses of electroconvulsive therapy, which is so often misunderstood.  I have a dear friend who found this to be the only cure for her depression.  And I know it does work for some.  Most times when it is demonized, it is because people get it confused with a lobotomy and think of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or they don't realize how different it is now, from when it was first used.  Not to say that others wouldn't like it, but I had a hard time finishing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment