What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Makes You Want to Run!

I have not been running as much lately...I had a fall and it kinda scared me, so I have been doing the elliptical and the stationary bike and running only a mile or two every day.  But man...the Track series by Jason Reynolds reminds me what it is like to feel the freedom and the strength that comes from running.  Reynolds just has that way....such a wonderful story, such great characters...Mr. Reynolds is just a master.  Lu was an excellent addition for those who run and those who want to run and those who feel and those who want to feel and for black skinned people and for white skinned people and for being who feel good in their skin and for being don't feel so good in their skin and well, just for humans in general.  I think that the best way to read this series or any of his book narrated by Guy Lockhard is to listen, because this man is just so excellent at reading and expressing the words of his friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment