What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, January 13, 2020

I Swear

No, I am NOT a fan of David Levithan's view people who like I do.  And so if someone were to ask me, "Would you want to meet, have dinner with, hang out with David Levithan, I wouldn't even think about it.  No way.  I have had enough experience with bullying behavior in my life because of my weight na I am far too old to put myself in a position to experience any more!  But I have enjoyed his books.  Invisibility I didn't enjoy NOT because of Levithan.  Not because of Andrea Cremer (now Andrea Robertson)  It just wasn't my kind of book.  I wasn't expecting it to go the way it did. It reminded me of the Morpheus Road series.  While I loved the first, the second lost me and I never finished the trilogy!  Not because it wasn't good but because it just wasn't for me.
It seemed to me that there was an attempt at some deep stuff in here...about the main guy character not being able to see seen when he was concentrating too much on the girl.  It seemed to me a little lesson in "keeping your own candle it" when you do the unity candle at a wedding, not letting yourself disappear in your love for another, that kind of thing.  But then, I don't know...it was just not for me.  BUT I did like all of the character, I really did.  And Levithan didn't rip on anyone of size! Atta boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment