What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Turtles

Turtles All the Way Down is one of those "highly anticipated books!"  in my circles!  John Green is truly beloved.  I think he is an incredible guy.  And I give this 4.5 stars for sure.  Even 4.9 for sure.  Even 4.999999 for sure.   I read that this is a very autobiographical book for Mr. Green.  That article, as you can see, describes this book as the story of a "teenager's mind at war with itself."  And I understand that.  And a I feel Aza's pain.  And everything about Aza's story is so real.  And the only tiny part that didn't work for me, which is probably not even really a big part except that it kinda drives the plot is the disappearance of Russell Pickett.  I think maybe if I had to hear about him at all, I wanted to hear more to get a more complete picture.  But really, the rest of the book was so good that I suppose it is neither here not there!  Also I learned about the turtles all the way down cosmology saying!  

No comments:

Post a Comment