What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, May 7, 2018

SUPER DISAPPOINTMENT

Utopia is Creepy and Other Provocations was not provocative, it wasn't even interesting.  I was SO sad.  I loved The Big Switch.  I loved it so much that when I had to interview candidates for a major position in my department I required all who interviewed to the read the book beforehand so that we could discuss it.  I found it to be that important.
I know it is the rage to publish one's blog to make some money off of a book, but the thing is, Carr went SO far back and that it reminded me a lot of this out-dated piece of work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment