What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Not What I Expected

I have heard good things about Andrew Solomon.  And I did enjoy Far and Away:  Places on the Brink of Change:  Seven Continents, 25 Years.   a lot.  And I think he is an interesting dude.  But I didn't realize that this was a collection of essays.  I guess I should have read what the book was about before just saying, "HEY!  ANDREW SOLOMON!  I will read that!  But still, it was decent.  I think I will try a single-topic book from him next time.  I would like to go back and listen to some of the essays, maybe.  The ones that really stood out for me.  He does use a lot of words.  And not being an intellectual, that can be hard for me!  I am more a Paulsen-to-the-point-reader, as you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment