What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, August 15, 2016

We Still Miss You

It has been nearly two years since the passing of the great Joan Rivers.  The Book of Joan:  Tales of Mirth, Mischief and Manipulation by her daughter, Melissa Rivers, was such a wonderful, wonderful read.  The two year anniversary of her death is September 4.  I loved listening to this book.  I just loved everything about it.  Melissa is honest and sincere and very funny on her own.
Yes, Joan Rivers did offend people, but I think they were people who didn't really take the time to explore all who Joan Rivers was.  And I know that Joan wouldn't care if she offended them or not.  Joan's style is not my style, but that is because I am not as brave.  And because I am not as funny!  No one is.  Joan Rivers, we will always miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment