What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Aliens in Atlanta

Okay so there are probably not aliens in Atlanta, but I was headed there today, and am here now, and I listened to Aliens on Vacation and I super enjoyed it!  It made the drive go very quickly and I found that I was bored at all or wishing for it to hurry up.  It didn't drag at all.  It's the story of Daniel, nicknamed Scrub, and his summer spent in Washington at his grandmother's bed and breakfast for folks from outer space.  At first he just thinks it is a place where Trekkies and the like, come for vacation, but then he realizes that the folks who stay there really are from other planets.  All of the characters in this book are great, especially Daniel, who is truly a likable, sweet and real character.  There is a little bit of middle school romance in it, which makes it very cute, too.  I loved this book and I am glad it is a series!  Looking forward to the next one!  Now I am listening to Shock Wave, so I won't be able to hear it on this trip, well maybe, I am about 1/2 way through it, so maybe I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment