What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, April 11, 2020

An LBGTQ Dystopian Western!

One million stars for originality for Upright Women Wanted!  If Sarah Gailey hadn't made her characters librarians I would have given it five stars.  Remember, these are not REAL book reviews, these are just my opinions.  I am not a big fan of books about librarians.  I know I am a librarian, but I just don't like librarian books!  So putting the whole librarian thing in there...which I totally get, because the librarians were really supposed to be the censors in this dystopian, fascist world, and so that was totally funny and cool, but it just took the joy out of it. 
I don't want to go into the whole librarian thing but I do want to say I LOVE the librarian job that I have and I HAVE LOVED ALL of the librarian jobs I have had! 
Anyway...I do love westerns.  I didn't think I would but then I accidentally read one!  I had ordered the latest Robert B. Parker and when I got it, well it wasn't Spenser and it wasn't Sunny and it wasn't Jesse and it wasn't even a detective or cop novel!  I was disappointed...but then...wow!  Once I met Cole and Hitch I was hooked.   I went on to read other westerns, too but C and H are my favorite.  So I liked the neo-western theme.  I loved the characters, too.  And it wasn't too long.  It was just the whole librarian thing!  But if you don't have a problem with books about librarians, this one is five star fun (and serious). 

No comments:

Post a Comment