What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Church Done Right

Calvin College is a pretty conservative college, from what I understand.  As I have read more about it though, it does seem to be on a path on some issues.  Indeed, being affliated with the Christian Reformed Church, one would believe that there is a spirit of "ever reforming."  It is not an inclusive college when it comes to LGTB matters and so still needs some prayer and work on that issue, and I pray that the college and the denomination will be open to the Word of God and Christ's teachings and that one day both will become inclusive and accepting, as God calls us to be.  But we are all on a path, aren't we?
It surprised me that Gary D. Schimdt teaches at Calvin, I mean, I don't know the guy, but I love his work and I see God's Spirit and Love in what he writes.  But maybe he is trying to reform from within?  Or maybe he is also on the path, like all of us.
Orbiting Jupiter was fantastic.  Just really, really, really good.  A short little book.   It was neat to see Coach Swieteck is still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment