What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

So Glad!

When I saw that Front Desk came out on audio I was so excited!  This is on the list for possible Newbery winners with the goodreads group and I know that means that the publisher thinks it is possible, too. There are a couple that I still can't get to because they aren't yet on audio.  It is not too often that a book will be a winner without having had an audio version.  It's just because of buzz.  And the faith that the publisher has in the book.  But I can remember one time when the audio came out after the award was given so I still have hope that even if one wins that I can't listen to now, I will eventually! 
Front Desk was so good.  And it was semi-autobiographical which I didn't know until I heard the author's note at the end but that made it even better.  Kelly Yang has made me think about a lot here.  Just a fantastic book and such real characters and one that made me cheer and also brought tears to my eyes at tender moments and made me angry at the prejudice and hate in the world, which is all too real.  If this one the Newbery I would not be mad!  It isn't my total pick but I wouldn't be mad at all!  Great book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment