What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

New Orleans

Catacomb by Madeleine Roux is the third in the Asylum series.  Just looking up the series now I see that I have missed the novellas.  Thing is, while I was just going to write that I really enjoyed this book and the series in general, and I really did!  I think that these novellas are good and bad.  There are a lot of books with the whole novella thing going on:  DeliriumDivergentSelection, and a lot more.  And even for kids, like Wonder.  Even with a book like Wonder, which I loved, loved, loved, I still haven't read the latest novella. I think that some of the novellas I have read were really good for holding me over until the next one, or a nice surprise when I thought that was the end.  But more and more I kinda think they are just money-making deals, you know?  And while I did really, really enjoy this series.  It is believable with likable characters and creepy, I just don't think that I am drawn enough to the story that I will go back and read the novellas I have missed in this series.  Still, the three main books are worth reading, for sure, if you like creepy and paranormal. I liked that this book was set in New Orleans, a favorite city of mine.  I have only been there once!  But I mean it is also a favorite city for a book setting!  I wish there would have been more focus on the New Orleanishness, that the city was tied into the book even more, but still, it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment