What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Foodie

I am not.  I like what tastes good to me and that can be a Twinkie!  But I am kinda into food and health now since I am trying to maintain my weight loss.  I mean, I want to keep David Levithan happy.
Real Food/Fake Food:  Why You Don't Know What You're Eating and What You Can Do About It is for people who really know their food.  I mean, I didn't even know what the picture was on the cover.  I think it's cheese, but it looks like a dumb Klansman (are there any other kind?  No!)  This book by Larry Olmsted is good.  He really knows his food.  And he is not pretentious about it either.  And he does say from the beginning that this isn't a book for people like me.  He gives some recommendations for us and that was really cool.  Still, the book was interesting and kept my attention.
If you know what Kobe beef is or what truffles are, then you will like this book!  If you are like me and really want to try the new Jolly Rancher Pop Tarts, then you might still enjoy it, but you will be a little lost at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment