What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, October 27, 2018

To be Honest...

I really couldn't assign any stars to To Be Honest, but it wasn't because I thought it deserved zero stars, it was just that I don't know how I feel about this book.
Let me just say that I KNOW David Levithan would burn this book!  I mean, the cover alone would make Levithan and Lagerfeld have heart attacks!  (Even though they are SUPER healthy and SUPER fit, I am sure!)
There is one thing that I didn't feel mixed about, that I just plain liked and appreciated, and that was Savannah's sister being gay but it not being a big deal!  Because love is love!  So that part was very cool.  Very cool.
But the weight issue was hard...
Admittedly, I have my weight issue.  I also feel it is very funny that NOW body acceptance is in, where was it when I was heavier!  hahah!  And I love that when I go to stores I see kids clothing in all sizes, that is just really neat.   And I can't imagine what it would have been like to grow up that way.
But...
yes, there is always a but with me, huh?
I do think that the book is super tough on Savannah's mom.   I get Savannah's mom.  I do.  I am Savannah's mom, except I did the weight loss the "right" way, it taking nearly four years to lose 217 lbs.
This a very good piece.
I just don't know how I feel.  I really don't.  I think that this book is just a hard one for me. I would love to hear from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment